Call to Order 6:35 pm Karen Gray
1. Announcement: Next PRSVA meeting will be in main space November 10.
2. Karen Gray will be stepping down in role of president for PRSVS. The structure of the Leadership Circle has allowed this flexibility. Discussion about the need to have designated President of the group as point person. Agreement to continue the Leadership Circle structure and core group will continue to meet and plan agendas, record minutes and designate point persons as needed, taking turns being the lead contact for the various issues.All members are invited to join LC meetings and partake in this process.
Thank you to Karen for her help this past year.
3. Coastal Village Association meeting. Our first planning meeting of this group will be Sept. 22.
The community meeting will be postponed until Feb 23. at the Dance Palace, with Mike Mcguire and our new supervisor, and county officials to discuss, present and address community problems.
4. Visit to Stinson Beach Village Association -Pam and Laura
Report from attending SBVA Sept meeting. Observing their process, and structure. Listening to their issues and sharing common goals.
5. Litter Bugs Me-Karen Gray
October 1st Annual Roadside Cleanup co sponsored with EAC. BBQ at Bear Valley at noon. Volunteers needed to help. Contact Karen.
6. Discussion of management of garbage and picnic tables at the Commons.
Letter to Commons and response discussed. Points of discussion: Garbage cans are frequently full, even with extra monitoring. opinions range from adding more cans and dumpsters on main street to decreasing cans to only business that provide majority of garbage- food to go. Since food to go is creating more trash then businesses should take responsibility for dealing with the trash.
More discussion regarding picnic tables in town and at the Commons. Group suggests replacing the picnic tables with benches. Letter has been sent to Commons requesting this. The Commons has agreed to remove 2 tables after Sept 16. What can PRVA do to help - suggest writing letter/talking to business regarding this major impact on downtown. The PRVA suggest Downtown businesses to take responsibility for the growing problem of trash created by food to go and picnicking in the downtown area.
7. Wells Fargo to open on Saturdays?
Discussion- Why open on Saturday, will this serve the community? We think not. Most people state they stay away from downtown on the weekends because of traffic and crowds. Employees requesting we write letter to state we do not feel this is necessary. Motion taken to do so,
LCP hearing coming up 9?26 at the county.Randall Flaming
Please read Randalls excellent letter previously posted
Candidates night- Mark Switzer
Mark has organized evening with Dennis Rodoni and Dominic Grossi on Oct 12 at the Dance Palace. Co sponsored by KWMR and Main St Moms