Notes from Leadership Circle meeting (via Zoom) on April 16
1.REPORT FROM (ZOOM) QUARTERLY MEETING with members of the Alliance of Coastal Marin Villages and Supervisor Dennis Rodoni - Ken Levin
*Management of the Coast Guard project has been awarded unanimously by BOS to CLAM/Eden. Thanks to all who wrote letters and emails of support.
*Covid-19: RENTAL ASSISTANCE- requests for help have exceeded the money available in the County's special fund. County seeking more from private foundations etc.
West Marin Fund has established a Covid Emergency Response Fund to help those in need with groceries, medical supplies, etc. people are directed to West Marin Community Services, Bolinas Community Land Trust or San Geronimo Community Center for more information and/or to apply.
* New TAX-SUPPORTED FIRE PREPAREDNESS AGENCY is getting organized and gearing up for the coming fire season.
* MARIN COUNTY FAIR - Cancelled this year for reasons of public safety.
* Dennis is pleased with "90% - 95% compliance" with the stay home, stay safe Public Health Order. Further enforcement in those situations where people are gathering too closely and/or unmasked is not to be expected at this time. (Let's see what will happen after the mandatory masks in public goes into effect on April 22.)
* SLOW START TO LOOSENING OF RESTRICTIONS BY REGION: - this might happen as soon as early May. Discussions between Gov Newsome and various county supervisors and health departments resulted in a list of criteria to be met by each region/county prior to any loosening of restrictions.
These are the criteria:
1. Wide spread monitoring: testing, tracing, isolating must be in place.
2 .Plan must be in place to protect the most vulnerable (seniors, infirm etc)
3. Health Care/Hospital capacity proven adequate for any anticipated surge in the disease
4. Treatment and prevention plans must be in place.
5. Safety regulations in place for childcare facilities, schools, businesses
6. Ability to reinstate regulations if needed
We will be dealing with a "new normal" for some time to come.
2. CALTRANS- Steve Antonaros
Steve will be making a request that the oak tree at Pt Reyes Petaluma road be trimmed.
New crosswalk signs in town are very bright. To indicate to motorists that the crosswalks are there.
3 AGENDA ITEMS- PRSVA is not holding regular meetings at this time, if you have a topic or issue for consideration by the Leadership Group please
contact us by email or telephone.
4.Pamela and Laura to contact Marin County Health and Human Services to ask how PRSVA can help prepare the village for the pending loosening of restrictions.
5. KWMR: Ken will be on Jeff Looman's 8-9 a.m. Monday morning radio program (With Eyes Open) to discuss West Marin issues.
6. PRSVA needs a Secretary to join the Executive Committee/Leadership Council.
Stay home, wear your mask, wash your hands