Caltrans meeting regarding upcoming project along Highway 1 from Five Brooks to Point Reyes Station and North of Tomales.
POINT REYES STATION VILLAGE ASSOCIATION
MARCH 14, 2019
DANCE PALACE CHURCH SPACE,
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. REVIEW OF TOWN HALL MEETING
2. SPECIAL DISTRICT MEETING REPORT- KEN LEVIN
3.PROPOSAL TO COUNTY -FORM SUB COMMITTEE WITH DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES- KEN LEVIN, PAMELA BRIDGES, MIKE MCCLASKEY
PROPOSAL - THAT 2.0 ACRES OF COUNTY OWNED LAND ON MESA ROAD BE USED FOR DESIGNATED VISITOR SERVING SERVICES BE USED FOR BATHROOMS/ PARKING/ SMALL PICNIC AREA.
4. GREEN BRIDGE UPDATE- FOLLOW UP FROM TOWN HALL MEETING QUESTIONS/ CONCERNS
5 WEST MARIN COLLABORATIVE REPORT- PEGGY DAY
ISSUES OF MARGINALLY HOUSED, MENTAL ILLNESS, HEALTH AND SAFETY
6. C STREET PARKING/ MARGINALLY HOUSED - UPDATE /DISCUSSION- KEN
CONVERSATION ABOUT WATER- RELATED NEEDS, ASSETS AND PRIORITIES OF POINT REYES STATION
COMMUNITY MEETING MARCH 25 2019
WEST MARIN SCHOOL
POINT REYES STATION VILLAGE ASSOCIATION MINUTES Feb. 14, 2018
Acknowledgments and heartfelt condolences to Rhonda 6:35 Call to Order- Ken Levin
November & December minutes approved without objection Treasurers report.
1. ALLIANCE OF COASTAL MARIN VILLAGES- KEN LEVIN
Town Hall Meeting to review and discuss ACMV recommendations, 2/212/21 – PRSVA website has groups recommendations – will be printed. Senator McGuire/Dennis Rodoni/Agency Reps identified concerns/complaints about issues around tourism. Formed a better working relationship between village associations and agencies.
3. C STREET UPDATE- Ordinance has satisfied Coastal Commission, soon to be voted on by BOS. We need to go.
4. SPECIAL DISTRICT GROUP MEETING UPDATE- PAMELA BRIDGES
4-5 exploratory meetings. What people perceive as needed. How it would be funded, structured? HHS- Bathroom, Pool, Parking. Boundary? Sales tax increase – incorporate? Examples: IPUD, PBUD
2. SAFE TO SCHOOLS UPDATE- Meeting provided concept plan and invited community input. Comment cards will be collated and results distributed. Ken: A community project to fix the west side of the school path might work best.
5. DESIGN REVIEW- ROY PITTS –
A) Brickmaiden starting construction.
B) 4 lots sold on C street pasture to developer. Questions re: his plans. How to maintain rural values vs urban subcontractor values.
C) Suggests reviewing community plan. If we do, update or change it? How? Group needs to vote – the plan is not a one man or a few men plan. Must be approved by the group.
D) Roy suggests relying on Marin County Map Viewer Historical map, can find street lights, zoning of lots, use permits. Need to keep track of building permits.
ANNOUNCEMENTS – Loreen Jackson Community Development Agency will be scheduling 3 meetings in Pt. Reyes Sta. to discuss water issues, 1st = March 25, 2017
Mark: Main Street Moms petition to push forward on signing deal to purchase Coast Guard Housing.
Dues are due $20.00
Move to adjourn 8:10 Approved without objection.